This super simple granola is one of the yummiest peanut butter creations i have made – and I cook with peanut butter pretty much all the time.
Its crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside and absolutely delicious! Feel free to top it on yogurt, nice cream, smoothies, eat with milk and fruit (Banana is defs a good choice) or just snack on it – Basically my family when it comes to granola, it doesn’t last more than two days.
Feel free to add as much peanut butter as you want into this recipe – just be weary that
- It could potentially have a very strong peanut taste (Not that that’s a bad thing)
- Adding more peanut butter can result in a slightly different consistency, which is fine, but you might have to sub in a couple more oats to hold it together
- And if too much is added there wont be any more for later!
But either way, this recipe will be just a delicious!
Also i’m sorry that there’s been no work on the blog lately, again school work is taking over and this month will also be filled with dance eisteddfods, band camp, concerts and getting ready to go to Thailand 🙂 But right now i’m just trying to churn out these blog posts!
Enjoy! – Kate xx
Peanut Butter Granola
- 2 cups of oats
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 3/4 cup of honey
- Vanilla Extract (Suit to taste)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees C (325 for F). Line a cookie tray with baking paper and set aside for later.
- In a microwave safe dish or on the stove, melt the peanut butter and honey together, making sure that they do not burn.
- Once heated add vanilla and cinnamon and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add in oats and make sure the mixture is well combined. (Tasting it is a great idea)
- Place the granola onto the cookie tray and make sure to spread it out
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until granola is lightly browned. Another great way to tell whether or not the granola is done, is the absolutely delicious smell that will drift through your house
- Take out of oven and allow to cool. Then break apart
- Serve onto anything that needs this delicious peanut butter heaven incorporated onto it or eat by itself. Ha ha ha